Capital Graphics 2019 is a workshop for DC-area graphics researchers
- When: Wednesday, May 15th from 10am–4pm
- Where: George Mason University, Arlington Campus, Founders Hall room 111 (3351 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201)
- Help: Yotam Gingold email@example.com
- RSVP and Presentation sign-up: Please fill this out
- Mailing list: CAPITAL-GRAPHICS-L
- Morning: Everyone who wants will get to make a brief presentation (~5 minutes). Straightforward: students talk about their projects, professors talk about their labs. Exciting: pitch an idea looking for collaborators, tell us about a cool new tool or technique.
- Afternoon: We will have a demo and mingling session. Presenters should bring their laptops (or other equipment) to demo from.
|Adam Bargteil||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Alex Dahl||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Ari Blenkhorn||Leidos / US Navy|
|Chuan Yan||George Mason University|
|Huaishu Peng||University of Maryland, College Park|
|Jixuan Zhi||George Mason University|
|Josef Graus||George Mason University|
|Lap-Fai (Craig) Yu||George Mason University|
|Marc Olano||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Matthias Zwicker||University of Maryland, College Park|
|Misha Kazhdan||Johns Hopkins University|
|Rawan Alghofaili||George Mason University|
|Simon Su||US Army Research Lab|
|Sing Chun||Johns Hopkins University|
|Yotam Gingold||George Mason University|
|Yue Hao||George Mason University|
|Yue Jiang||University of Maryland, College Park|
|Bei Xiao||American University|
|Yuping Zhang||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|12:00pm–2:00pm||Lunch||Many of the fine restaurants in the Clarendon area (see below)|
|2:00pm–4:00pm||Demo Session and Mingling|
The event will be held on George Mason University's Arlington Campus in Founders Hall. This location is easily metro accessible. The GPS and Google Maps compatible address is:3351 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201
The following relevant information is taken from https://arlington.gmu.edu/
Take the Orange Line to the Virginia Square-GMU station.
Take the escalator to the street level, and turn to face Fairfax Drive.
Across the street and to the right, you will see the FDIC building.
The Arlington Campus is next door.
Paid visitor parking is available in the Founders Hall Garage, accessible via Founders Way North.
|Rocklands BBQ||3471 Washington Blvd.|
|El Pollo Loco||932 N Kenmore St.||Peruvian chicken|
|Northside Social||3211 Wilson Blvd.||sandwiches and salads|
|Nam Viet||1127 N Hudson St.||Vietnamese|
|sweetgreen||3100 Clarendon Blvd.||salads and bowls|
|Delhi Club||1135 Highland St.||Indian|
|Four Sisters Grill||3035 Clarendon Blvd.||Vietnamese|
|Pete's New Haven Pizza||3017 Clarendon Blvd.|
|Lyon Hall||3100 Washington Blvd.||French-German|
|Cosi||3503 Fairfax Dr.|
|Liberty Tavern||3195 Wilson Blvd.|
|Mala Tang||3434 Washington Blvd.||Chinese|
|Whitlow's On Wilson||2854 Wilson Blvd.||Bar and Grill|